As we have been teasing in the last weeks, this is the new larp from Producciones Gorgona!
Gaetano Badalamenti heads toward the altar with a firm pace, like always. His wedding will join two of the most powerful mafiosi families from both sides of the Atlantic. The best of the best, la crema della Mafia, will be invited to the ceremony and the party afterwards will be remembered for decades. Singers, cinema starlets, producers, businessmen, even the aristocracy, all the caro amicos of the Badalamenti will attend, so dress in your best to join us for the wedding of the century.
«Til Mafia do us Part” is a larp set in the golden age of the Sicilian Mafia, seen through the glamourous lens of Hollywood. It’s not the first time that Producciones Gorgona visits the whereabouts of the Badalamenti Family. This larp is the third installment of this thematic trilogy. In it, we have known the current affairs of them, in a larp called “Mafia”, and in “Sicilia, 1923” we explored the early stages of the Mafia in Sicily, with a mix of the rich mythology of the island. In the first larp we went for a realistic portray of the Mafia and for exploring the ruling machismo and how the gender roles shape or break everyone in it. In the second one we had an mythic origin approach, mixing the origins of the Badalamenti family, the Mafia and the myths of Sicily with the 20’s political turmoil. In this third larp, the focus is glamour and golden memories, an idealized past that probably never was, instead of going for the gritty reality of a dangerous organization. This larp, like the two previous ones, is independent in story and structure, and there is no “right” order to play them, nor it is needed to know anything about the happenings in the other two. This is the story of a family, and for this occasion we will meet them during a 50’s wedding, and we hope that you come to visit them with us in our most ambitious project to date!
Producciones Gorgona larp style is narrative-immersionist, without numeric gamist systems of rules. During the larp, our aim is that each and every of you take the leading role of your own personal story, and through an emotional trip that takes you to our idealized vision of the 50’s Mafia. We will curate the immersion using the atmosphere, the music, the meals and the interaction with the rest of players. We will interact with you using npcs that will add drama and events during the larp, and you will have your own personal character, with a written background that will link it with other characters and the events that will unfold during the weekend.
The main event of the larp is a wedding in the 50’s, and when we say dress your best, we mean it. This will require some wardrobe effort from the players, and we will do our best to guide you with documents and advice to add to the visual impact of the scenes. We have a Costume Guide and a Pinterest in the making to help you from the start, and enough information about your character will be given months in advance to let you as much time as you need for the preparations.
40 player spots
Dates: 10-12th February of 2017
Genre: Mob drama
Place: Molino Galan (Alborache, Valencia)
Standard Price: 150€
Languages: English and Spanish (as diegetic)
Directed and produced by Mirella Machancoses and José Fabregat
Script by Mirella Machancoses, José Fabregat, Al Burton and Oscar
Video and additional help by Elena Cacahuete
Based on an original idea by José Fabregat
What does the price tag include?
- Lodgement in a double or 4 people room, all of them inside a beautiful country house.
- Meals from Friday dinner until Sunday breakfast.
- A wonderful wedding banquet.
- Wine and refreshments.
- Not yet announced surprises…
- A full character sheet written by organizers with well-related characters and stories (we compromise to give it to you at least one month before the larp). Before, you will get a summary of the character.
Sign-ups and cancel policy
We will have three types of spot in the larp: Patron, standard and reduced.
- Patron (200€): There will be 5 patron spots available a week in advance of general sign-up. This spots will have a higher price tag of 200€. With the extra money, we will be able to offer spots at a reduced price to some larpers in need. On top of that, this patron spots will have some benefits:
- In-advance sign-up, thus you can be sure that you have a spot in the larp.
- Choosing the bedrooms in advance.
- T-shirt of the larp.
- Standard(150€): The remaining spots will be open for sign-up a week later, including everything detailed in the practicals.
- Reduced(100€): There will be as many reduced spots offered as patrons do sign-up. We will notify in advance how many of these spots are available. Signing-up for a reduced spot excludes the standard sign-up. We want to save them for people that could not attend otherwise.
The sign-up will be as follows:
- At 9 p.m. we will make available at this website a short form that will not take more than two minutes to fill. This form will guarantee a spot on a first-come first-served way. You will receive an email from us if you have secured a spot. This will happen for both patron in-advance sign-up and for the normal procedure.
- Starting when we send you the confirmation email, you will have a week to pay 50€ for the reservation (or full price, which will makes us happy) and fill a longer form that will be attached on our confirmation email.
- When we receive the payment and the long form, we will confirm you that the spot is yours. If the payment and form are not received in a week, we will send you an email an the spot will be available.
- The larp can be paid in full, or split.
- The first payment, that guarantees the spot, will be of 50€. This reservation of 50€ will not be returned upon cancellation under no circumstance. The rest of the payment, if done, will be reimbursed upon cancellation if we manage to cover the spot with a new player.
- The rest of the money can be paid in one or more payments, until the 31st of December 2016.
- The spots cannot be transfered to another player. If for some reason a player cancels, it will be the organization who will offer the spot to the players in the waiting list, with casting criteria. That means that we may not offer a spot to the people on the list in order.